HELLO. We are glad you are considering a visit to Olana State Historic Site. Below are a few notes you will need to know about your reservations and visit.
1) Space on tours is extremely limited, so please ensure you have reserved a spot for everyone (regardless of age) in your group. If you need to add people to your reservation, please create a new reservation for the unreserved members of your party.
2) As your online booking is only a reservation, please bring your confirmation email (digitally or printed) to the Museum Shop to purchase your tickets. All guests must have a ticket to enter the museum.
3) Please arrive 20 minutes prior to your tour start to purchase your tickets in the Museum Shop. Due to the high volume of visitors to Olana, we often have a waiting list for tours. Please contact us at 518-828-0135 x312 at least 20 minutes prior to your tour if you are running late; otherwise, we reserve the right to sell your tickets to customers on the waiting list.
4) Museum Guidelines: As we are a fully furnished 19th-century home filled with original collections, we do not allow food/drink, strollers, backpacks, or cell phone use in the museum. Amateur still photography is allowed, but no audio/video, flash, tripods, selfie-sticks, cosmetics, lighting nor any apparatus may be used. Unfortunately, we do not have a secure location to leave strollers and no location for the storage of backpacks. If possible, it is best to leave them locked in your vehicle. If you are coming by taxi, shuttle or train, please contact us in advance at Olana Reservations, and we can explore storage options with you.
5) Only service dogs are allowed in the museum as defined by the American’s with Disabilities Act where they are trained to “do work or perform a specific task.” Emotional support, therapy, comfort, and companion animals are NOT allowed nor are animals in training.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 518-828-0135 x 312 (Friday – Sunday between the hours of 11am and 4pm).
Olana State Historic Site