Archaeological Fragment Marble Tile Magnet
This magnet is of a detail of a painted archaeological fragment in the Olana collection. Frederic Church displayed this piece alongside other similar fragments on top of a large cabinet just outside his bedroom at Olana. This group of stones are all likely from Damascus; either brought back from Church’s trip to the Middle East (1868) or purchased later from dealers in New York City. Church continued to acquire objects from around the world his entire life, and used them in display throughout his home.
The magnet is made in the USA on Marble.
(c) 2017 The Olana Partnership at Olana State Historic Site
|Dimensions||1.78 x 1.78 in|