The Olana Partnership
The Olana Partnership (TOP) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to inspire the public by preserving and interpreting Olana, the artistic masterpiece of famed Hudson River School artist Frederic Edwin Church and a National Historic Landmark. We operate in a public-private partnership with the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation (OPRHP) to support the restoration, development and improvement of Olana State Historic Site, which comprises the Persian-inspired home, studio and 250-acre designed landscape by Church.
In anticipation of launching a major capital campaign later this year, TOP invites applications for the position of Development Associate. The Development Associate will support TOP’s senior staff, board members and campaign counsel on all aspects of the capital campaign, as well as general development functions.
- Works closely with campaign counsel to manage the day-to-day implementation of the overall campaign plan;
- Tracks all cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities for campaign donors and prospective donors;
- Coordinates the production of all campaign materials, including brochures, talking points and newsletters;
- Organizes and staffs meetings of campaign steering committee;
- Prepares tailored proposal packages for presentation to prospective donors;
- Coordinates donor recognition and stewardship plans and policies;
- Helps shape and implement donor strategies, preparing senior staff and volunteers for donor meetings and solicitations;
- Follows up with campaign donors regarding pledge agreements, payment schedules and other topics;
- Ensures that all campaign donors are acknowledged on a timely basis and recognized appropriately;
- Maintains the accuracy of all campaign donor records in the fundraising database;
- Tracks the campaign budget and capital campaign donor reporting;
- Works closely and collaboratively with other development staff members;
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelors degree and familiarity with non-profit cultural institutions
- Two to three years of professional experience in fundraising or a related field
- Knowledge of local, statewide and national philanthropic communities
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Successful track record in managing relationships with volunteers
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively with board members, staff members, volunteers and consultants
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Computer fluency in MS Office, fundraising database software and web applications
We firmly support the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals, regardless of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected category pursuant to applicable federal, state or local law.
Please send cover letter (indicating salary range being sought) and resume, along with two writing samples to Pamela Salisbury.
Curatorial Department Intern
Interns in Olana State Historic Site’s Curatorial Department work on projects related to the collections and the main house at Olana. Projects might include research on a collections item, research related to a future exhibition in the Evelyn and Maurice Sharp Gallery at Olana, helping with the furnishing of the second floor, collections management, changing the displays on the tour floor, writing an article for the news letter and other curatorial tasks. The intern would receive a good introduction to the daily workings of the Curatorial Department. The Curatorial Department would be happy to supply any documentation necessary for the intern to receive college credit. Applicants must be college students or further along in their academic pursuits and should be prepared to commit a minimum of 60 hours over the course of a semester, 120 preferred. Submit cover letter and resume to via email Valerie Balint, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Museum Education Intern
Olana State Historic Site and The Olana Partnership team up to offer internships annually (fall, spring, and summer). Education internships aim to teach research, program design & implementation, administrative support, and public education methods. Interns will work on projects relating to Olana’s adult and youth audiences. Project assignments will be tailored to our interns’ specific interests; participants take on a distinct project and can use as a work example in future job interviews. Interns will work directly with senior level staff who can assist with formal recommendations or academic credit requirements. Applicants should be prepared to commit a minimum of 2 days per week over the course of a semester or the summer. Olana is committed to interpretation that spans centuries and continents. Multicultural applicants are encouraged to apply. Interns will receive a small honorarium at the completion of their internship. Submit brief cover letter and resume via email, email@example.com or call 518-828-1872 x105 for more information. Submissions are accepted on a rolling basis. Deadline for Summer 2017 is May 1st, Fall 2017 is August 1st, Spring 2018 is December 1st.
Marketing and Development Intern
Interns in the Marketing and Development Department work closely with development staff to advance marketing and development objectives for the organization which includes upcoming exhibitions, events and programs. The intern will gain valuable hands-on experience in a nonprofit advocacy organization while improving their communication and organizational skills. Responsibilities will include research, writing, editing and project management for a nonprofit whose mission is to advocate for Olana State Historic Site. The Development and Marketing Communications Manager will work in conjunction with university or college staff to coordinate requirements for credit. Applicants should be prepared to commit a minimum of 60 hours over the course of a semester, 120 preferred. Submit cover letter and resume via email to Melanie Hasbrook, firstname.lastname@example.org.