Working at Olana
The Olana Partnership: Development Associate
Reports to: Director of Advancement and Marketing
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt-Salaried
Schedule: Monday-Friday (Saturday/Sunday as needed)
The Olana Partnership seeks an enthusiastic individual with an eagerness to learn all aspects of fundraising and development work. The Development Associate provides entry-level support as part of a five-member development team, working closely with the President and Senior Vice President in their development roles. We are looking for someone with general administrative and computer skills, who is outgoing, energetic, and a self-starter.
The Development Associate works closely with volunteers, donors, and members and is essential to The Olana Partnership’s mission to preserve and interpret Frederic Church’s Olana.
The Development Associate will report to the Director of Advancement and Marketing and interact with all departments, including the President. The Development Associate will work a regular schedule from Monday through Friday with occasional weekend duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in implementing solicitation strategies and stewardship activities for a broad range of constituents, including members, volunteers, major donors, foundations, and businesses;
- Plan and coordinate fundraising mailings, including producing all related materials as necessary – reports, lists, name tags, labels, etc.;
- Manage guest lists for development/membership events;
- Develop and maintain gift acknowledgment policies and enter all gifts, process payments and pledges, and prepare gift acknowledgments;
- Prepare regular and special gift reports and other reports as requested;
- Ensure accuracy and efficacy of donor management database, including maintaining donor and prospect activity records;
- Conduct prospect, foundation, and corporate research;
- Support the development team and Board Development Committee as needed;
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- Highly attentive to detail and highly organized;
- Sociable and outgoing;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Experience in non-profit work a plus, preferably in development and fundraising or related work, such as alumni relations;
- Computer proficiency required, including Microsoft Suite;
- Flexibility to occasionally work irregular hours, including weekends, evenings, and/or holidays, with advance notice;
- A valid driver’s license;
- Ability to lift 40 pounds in conjunction with special events, etc.
Salary Range: $41,600-$44,000 based on experience. The Olana Partnership offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com; applications received by March 25 will receive priority review.
As required by NYS OPRHP, all candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening, and all offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check.
Olana State Historic Site is a tobacco-free environment.
The Olana Partnership is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
About Olana and The Olana Partnership: Olana is the greatest masterwork of Frederic Edwin Church (1826-1900), the preeminent American artist of the mid-19th century and the most important artist’s home, studio, and designed landscape in the United States. Church designed Olana as a holistic environment integrating his advanced ideas about art, architecture, landscape design, and environmental conservation. Olana’s 250-acre artist-designed landscape with five miles of carriage roads and a Persian-inspired house at its summit embraces unrivaled panoramic views of the Hudson Valley and the Catskill Mountains and welcomes more than 170,000 visitors annually. The landscape is open for guided touring, and reservations are highly recommended. The landscape is open daily 8 AM-sunset.
Olana State Historic Site, administered by the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation, is a designated National Historic Landmark and one of the most visited sites in the state. The Olana Partnership, a private not-for-profit education corporation, works cooperatively with New York State to support the restoration, conservation, and interpretation of Olana. The Olana Partnership operates Olana State Historic Site in a cooperative agreement with New York State Parks.
The Olana Partnership at Olana State Historic Site offers annual internships in different departments and areas of responsibility. Internships aim to teach research and administrative methods and project assignments are tailored to interns’ specific interests. Submissions are accepted on a rolling basis based on availability. Submit a brief cover letter and resume via email to Carolyn Keogh or call 518-567-2170 for more information.
At this time, there are no specific internship openings.