Working at Olana
DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE – The Olana Partnership
Reports to: Director of Advancement and Marketing
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt-Salaried
Schedule: Monday-Friday (Saturday/Sunday as needed)
The Development Associate will be a part of The Olana Partnership’s Development department. As a member of the Development team, the Development Associate assists in all fundraising/membership activities. The person in this position will work closely with volunteers as well as donors and members. This person is essential to The Olana Partnership’s mission to protect and develop Frederic Church’s Olana as an intersection between art, history, stewardship, and native biodiversity. We are looking for someone with various administrative and computer skills, outgoing, energetic, and a self-starter.
The Development Associate will report to the Director of Advancement and Marketing and interact with all departments of The Olana Partnership, including the President. The Development Associate will work a regular schedule from Monday through Friday with occasional weekend duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
Assist the department in implementing solicitation strategies and stewardship activities, including direct mail, events, major donors, foundations, and corporations.
- Develop and carry out recruitment and retention membership strategies;
- Develop/enhance membership initiatives for businesses and public organizations;
- Provide management reports and trend analysis of membership program;
- Manage membership budget;
- Update membership recruitment materials;
- Recruit, cultivate, assess and coordinate volunteers;
- Organize volunteer recognition programs to steward longtime volunteers and cultivate the newly involved;
- Maintain volunteer records;
- Coordinate annual volunteer trainings;
- Organize and facilitate regular recruitment events/volunteer program activities.
Other Development Duties
- Coordinate private tours;
- Database entry, acknowledgment, reporting, and reconciliation;
- Conduct prospect research as needed;
- Analytics coordinating and reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Experience in non-profit work a plus, preferably in fundraising & membership or alumni relations & management
- Proficient computer skills required, including Microsoft Suite.
- Sociable and outgoing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Availability to occasionally work irregular hours, including weekends, evenings, and/or holidays.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Regular supervision of volunteers
Salary Range: $41,600-$44,000 based on experience. The Olana Partnership offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Submit resume, cover letter, and two professional writing samples to email@example.com by December 1, 2021.
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening, and all offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check.
Olana State Historic Site is a tobacco-free environment.
The Olana Partnership is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The Olana Partnership
The Olana Partnership (TOP) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit educational organization and operates Olana State Historic Site in a cooperative agreement with the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation, and Historic Preservation. TOP’s mission is to preserve and interpret Olana, and, through five decades, TOP has harnessed the passion and philanthropic support of thousands of supporters to restore Olana’s treasures of art, architecture, and landscape. TOP’s mission extends to the stewardship of Olana’s nationally-significant viewshed and to developing Olana as a vital educational resource for visitors from across the world and the communities of the region.
Olana State Historic Site
A National Historic Landmark, Olana is the greatest masterpiece of America’s preeminent artist of the mid-19thC, Frederic Edwin Church (1826-1900). He achieved international fame with paintings such as Niagara (1857) and The Heart of the Andes (1859) and created Olana over 40 years, beginning in 1860. Church designed every aspect of Olana, the eclectic fantasy of the main house, the bucolic assemblage of the farm complex, and the 250-acre landscape that provide a romantic, picturesque setting for the whole and engages sweeping 360-degree views. In 2019 there were approximately 170,000 visitors to the landscape and 33,000 visitors to the main house.
The Olana Partnership at Olana State Historic Site offers annual internships in different departments and areas of responsibility. Internships aim to teach research and administrative methods and project assignments are tailored to interns’ specific interests. Submissions are accepted on a rolling basis based on availability. Submit a brief cover letter and resume via email to Carolyn Keogh or call 518-567-2170 for more information.
At this time, there are no specific internship openings.