We take the health and safety of our staff and visitors very seriously and are closely monitoring the impact of COVID-19 (the coronavirus) on an ongoing basis. Our top priority is the well-being of our team, our patrons and our community.
Please note that New York State Parks remain open. Access to Olana’s 250-acre landscape is free. The park is open every day from 8 AM to sunset.
Based on current New York State Department of Health guidance, we have suspended all public programs and tours at this time. We will resume tours as soon as the health situation permits. We will update Olana.org and our social media feed regularly.
We encourage you to explore Frederic Church’s designed landscape with five miles of carriage roads as a way to enjoy the outdoors and help relieve feelings of anxiety and stress.
While enjoying outdoor spaces, please continue to follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and New York State Department of Health (DOH) guidelines for preventing the spread of colds, flu, and COVID-19:
- Please wear a mask and practice social distancing by keeping at least six (6) feet of distance between yourself and others at all times, even when you are outdoors;
- Stay home if you are sick, or showing or feeling any COVID-19 symptoms, such as fever, coughing, and/or troubled breathing;
- Avoid close contact, such as shaking hands, hugging, or high-fives;
- Wash hands often or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol when soap and water are not available; and
- Avoid unnecessary contact with surfaces that are often touched, such as doorknobs and handrails.
DEC and State Parks also encourage visitors to State Parks, State Lands, and other parks to:
- Stay local and keep visits short;
- Visit in small groups limited to immediate household members;
- If parking lots are full, please make alternate plans and return when the park is not as crowded;
- Wear a mask and maintain distance from others while in places where people tend to congregate, such as parking lots.
New York State Parks staff have taken additional precautions to create a safe environment by increasing cleaning protocols for public spaces. We are deeply grateful to our crew who is working to protect Olana and make it safe and available to our community.
Stay well! And, many thanks for your continued support.
For more information please CLICK HERE